1 cup of granulated white sugar (or brown sugar)
1/2 cup melted butter
2 fresh large eggs (or store bought)
2 tsps vanilla extract (or vanilla bean)
2tsps Ground cinnamon (optional)
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 3/4 tsps baking powder
Homemade maple/butter syrup (or store bought)
Freshly chopped fruit salad (or left over)
Large mixing bowl
Measuring cups and tsps
Oven mittens (or hear proof cloth)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and butter. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
3. Then combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and whisk well. Finally stir in the milk until it’s smooth.
4. Grease and flour a 9×9 inch baking pan, then carefully pour mixture into pan until it’s even.
5. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, carefully take out pan with an oven mitten or any cloth to protect from heat. Slice the cake with a knife how you want it and place a piece on a plate, finally add the fruits and syrup.
-Before placing baking pan with mixture into oven make sure there are no bubbles by hitting the pan lightly on table to pop them because it’ll make cake look better and who wants extra air?
-Cake is done when it springs back to the touch or when toothpick/fork is clean after placed in center.